MOST POPULAR TYPES OF SINGLE VISION LENSES
POLYCARBONATE LENSES are resistant to impact scratches. They make a great choice for children, adults with weaker prescriptions, and individuals who purchase rimless eyeglasses. These lenses have a built-in UV protection to help protect eyeglass wearers from eye problems such as macular degeneration and cataracts.
TRIVEX LENSES are preferred for most patients. Trivex material offers optimal optical performance for almost every prescription. Approximately 85% of patients fall between the prescription range of +3.00 D to -3.00 D. These individuals will gain the most from the benefits from the Trivex material. This material offers an attractive and comfortably thin lens, which protects against scratches and UV light.
HIGH-INDEX LENSES are preferred for individuals with stronger prescriptions. These patients’ vision can be corrected with less material, allowing these lenses to be much thinner. Individuals will enjoy thinner, more comfortable eyeglasses with these lenses.
BIFOCAL VS. TRIFOCAL VS. PROGRESSIVE LENSES
BIFOCAL LENSES correct vision for near-sightedness and far-sightedness. The top of the lens corrects your long-distance vision and the bottom of the lens corrects your up-close viewing. These tend to be prescription for patients whose close-up vision has declined due to age.
TRIFOCAL LENSES add an additional section for patients who need assistance seeing objects that are within a few feet. These lenses add to your range of vision. This allows you to have a wider field of view when driving or using a computer.
PROGRESSIVE LENSES offers the individual to see at immediate distance, as well as, close-up and distance. These lenses offer the same vision correction as bifocal and trifocal lenses, but without the lines separating the lens sections. Progressive lenses are a perfect option for the style-conscious and wearers who don’t want to have to constantly look up and down for different ranges of viewing.
EYEGLASS LENSE TREATMENTS
ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATING reduces eyestrain caused from glare, reflections, and increases your vision at night.
• Allows your vision to be sharper and reduces reflections in your lenses
• Reducing eye strain and fatigue making your eyes more comfortable
• Protects lenses against scratches and smudges
• Helps repel dust and water
BLUE LIGHT PROTECTION reduces eye fatigue to provide a strain-free visual experience, while providing the most complete protection from harmful blue light. Blue light is given off from any digital device.
• Decreases digital eye strain when looking at computer, TV, phone screens, etc
• Decreases symptoms of dry eyes, sticky eyes, and the feeling of grittiness or “sand” in the eye
• Increases visual performances in situations of low contrast
SCRATCH TREATMENT helps prevent scratches from damaging your lenses.
• Minimize everyday wear and tear to help protect your lenses
• Extends the life of your eyeglasses
UV PROTECTION decreases your eyes exposure to harmful ultraviolet rays.
• Adding the coating can block 98-100% of transmitted and reflected UVA and UVB rays
• Decreases your chance of serious eye problems, such as, cataracts and macular degeneration